Oral Hygiene at Angle House Specialist Dentistry
Growing up, most of us learn the importance of good oral hygiene from home or school. However we can lose sight of those early life lessons as we grow up. Living in a busy adult world often means many people let their oral hygiene standards slip. If this is the case for you, it might be time to book in for an oral hygiene session at Angle House Specialist Dentistry.
What is an oral hygiene session?
Available at our Angle House Ealing, Enfield, Whetstone and Canons Park clinics, we now offer a direct access hygienist service. You can book an oral hygiene session directly with our hygienist.
At this session, our experienced dental hygienist will discuss your general oral health and give you oral hygiene advice. They will also:
- Check your gums and teeth for any signs of problems, such as receding gums or tooth wear.
- Show you how to care for your teeth and gums by using a toothbrush and fluoride toothpaste to maintain good oral health.
- Show you how to clean in between your teeth with floss, tape or interdental brushes and demonstrate an effective tooth-brushing technique.
- Give you advice on the types of toothbrush, toothpaste and other cleaning aids, such as mouthwashes, that are best suited to your needs.
- Remove any calculus or stains by scaling your teeth and then polishing them.
Benefits of an oral hygiene session
Good oral hygiene ensures a healthy mouth and teeth. It is important for your overall health as bleeding gums or bad breath is not only difficult to live with but could be a sign of other issues. It is recommended you see your dentist regularly.
For a comprehensive oral hygiene routine, you should include a session with an oral hygienist as well as your regular check-ups. The benefits of an oral hygiene session are:
- A hygienist can help to remove the stains appearing on your teeth, which regular brushing and flossing won’t be able to.
- A hygienist can floss in those hard to reach places.
- A hygienist can look for signs of gum disease or plaque buildup and help to keep this at bay.
- Your teeth will also receive a comprehensive clean tailored just for you!
Our hygienist also works with our specialist periodontist for patients with advanced gum problems. Together they can provide you with advice and treatment to maintain the best oral health for your mouth and teeth.
Ready to improve your smile? Book your consultation with Angle House Specialist Dentistry today.Book a consultation